Please click here to review brochures and publications available from the Ombudsman Program.
Laws Authorizing Ombudsman Program
- Legal Services for the Elderly (Maine) - provides free legal assistance to consumers over 60.
- Pine Tree Legal Assistance - provides free legal assistance to low income consumers.
- Disability Rights Center – works on behalf of consumers with disabilities.
- Maine Attorney General Consumer Law Guide - provides information on consumer rights in regards to many topics including; telemarketing fraud, apartment rentals, identity theft, and more
- OADS Guide to Guardianship and Guardianship Alternatives in Maine - provides information on how to determine the least restrictive way(s) to provide an individual with the care, supervision, and support
- Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Maine Home Care Regulations
- Maine Nursing Facility Regulations
- Maine Assisted Housing Regulations - this link includes the regulations for assisted living and residential care. Regulations are organized by level or size of licensed facility. For example Level IV PNMI is a facility with 7 or more beds.
- AARP Maine
- Alzheimer's Association - Maine Chapter - offers a variety of services including support groups, education and advocacy for and on behalf of consumers with Alzheimer’s disease and their families.
- Maine Council for Elder Abuse Prevention – provides information on how to identify and prevent elder abuse in within the community
- Maine Equal Justice Partners
- Maine Health Care Association - statewide association of providers of services to Maine’s older and disabled populations
- Maine Hospice Council
- Maine Home Care & Hospice Alliance
- Maine Medical Association – provides support for Maine physicians, information on advancing the quality of medicine in Maine, and promoting the health of all Maine citizens
- Maine Veterans’ Homes - provides information on Maine Veterans’ Homes and related programs
- Elder Independence of Maine
- Office of Elder Services - includes links to publications regarding home care, advance directives and other resources for elders.
- Alpha One - provides numerous services to consumers with disabilities.
Maine Area Agencies on Aging
- Maine Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- Aroostook Area Agency on Aging
- Eastern Agency on Aging
- Seniors Plus
- Spectrum Generations
- Southern Maine Area Agency on Aging
- Administration on Aging - federal agency whose mission is to develop a comprehensive, coordinated and cost-effective system of long-term care that helps elderly individuals to maintain their dignity in their homes and communities.
- Alzheimer's Association
- Consumer Voice
The National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-Term Care
- Nursing Home Compare Tool (through Medicare.gov)
- Other State Ombudsman Programs
- National Center on Elder Abuse
Do you have a link suggestion?
Feel free to contact us.
"All long-term care consumers have the right to be treated with dignity and respect."