Who Can Ask for Assistance
- Any person interested in improving the quality of care for consumers
- A consumer receiving services from a home care agency
- A resident of a long-term care facility
- An employee or administrator of a home care agency or a long-term care facility
- A friend or relative of a resident or consumer
- Representatives of public agencies and community groups
Welcome to the Maine Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
An Advocacy Program for Long-Term Care Consumers
The Maine Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program is a non-profit agency whose mission is to advocate for quality of life and care for long term care consumers. Federal law and Maine law authorize our staff to investigate complaints made by or on behalf of long-term care consumers and to assist consumers in exercising their rights that are guaranteed by law.
Our program serves residents of nursing facilities and assisted housing programs including: residential care facilities and assisted living facilities. In addition, we serve recipients of home care services, adult day services and homemaker services.
The Maine Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program is here to help with information, guidance and advocacy. Our services are free and confidential. For more information or assistance, contact us at 1-800-499-0229 or (207) 621-1079.
Career Opportunity > Volunteer Program Manager
"All long-term care consumers have the right to be treated with dignity and respect."
Donate via Paypal
A new program that helps older and disabled adults transition from nursing homes or hospitals to community living.
Click here to learn more. >